Cupcakes

When I'm stressed I bake! Once upon a time when my children were small that was fine but now that they're grown up and spend weekends away it means that I'm left with a mountain of cup cakes and fruit cakes all waiting to be eaten.

I have finally found a recipe for my cupcakes that I like and it seems to go down very well with my family and friends.
Basic
6ozs of s/r flour
1oz of custard powder
1 oz of cornflour
pinch of salt
teaspoon of baking powder
4 large eggs
drop vanilla essence
8ozs margarine
8ozs castor sugar
Oven 150 degrees centigrade

Sift all the dry ingredients together and whisk the eggs and vanilla in a bowl until light and fluffy.

Beat together margarine and sugar until soft and pale. Add a small amount of egg combo to butter mixture alternately with your sifted dry ingredients until all has been beaten together. Add a large tablespoon of the mixture to each cup cake case and bake in an oven until light and golden.

Allow to cool completely before icing them.
I do different combinations so you can add ginger to the dry ingredient or chocolate etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment