Tips For Over Fifty!

The ageing process is inevitable, a few more lines, a hint or more of grey hair it comes to us all and it doesn’t matter what we try to do about it there’s no getting away from it. However on that note there is a good side to all of this. I think that fifty is the new forty and I  for one don’t let it hold me back. In fact I’m more confident, more assertive and more at ease with how I look and feel.

I don’t need anyone to tell me my cheeks are sagging a bit, or my skin has lost its elasticity my goal in life is quite simple to look as good as I can, be healthy and most of all to enjoy life as much as I can. Off course I want to look good for my age and I guess I’m a little vain in that respect but I don’t let it rule my life. So instead of saying to my daughter “Does my bum look big in these jeans” I now say has my jawline moved!

It’s so easy these days to enhance your natural beauty and we’re all beautiful…all of us! When a product say it will knock ten years off your age…don’t believe it because nothing can do that, but using the right products for skin and hair will soften those lines and make those grey strands shine proudly because every one of those silken strands was put there by all of life’s experiences.

Menopausal  and pre-menopausal women find that their skin is dryer than its ever been and more reactive to ingredients so using  creams with sulphates, parabens and propylene glycol will typically irritate the skin. Mainly because your hormones are in a upheaval and what used to suit your skin will undoubtedly not and cause major irritation.

The flushing that is caused by the changes in your body will often cause redness in the face and broken capillaries. A nice cooling aloe vera or an oil based serum, ideally mixed with rosehip oil and botanical peptides. Often the skin is dryer and a way to combat this is using a good quality oil i:e   Argan, Borage and pomegranate are ideal. Apply this first to the skin at night, then a serum and top that with a night cream and as you add each layer it will push the goodness deeper into the layers.

Ten tips for your skin over fifty.

1/ Exercise more, yoga, Pilates is magnificent for this age group. It lengthens limbs, makes them supple and protects the bones.
2/ I know everyone says it but it’s really true… drink more water…it flushes out bad toxins and makes the skin supple.
3/Always use an spf even in winter, either use a skin cream with it already in or mix some into your daily regime.
4/Cleanse and moisturise morning and night…always.
5/Exfoliate at least once a week…if you don’t have any use brown sugar and virgin olive oil…your skin will fell amazing.
6/Don’t forget to moisturise around the eyes, it’s the first signs of aging we see.
7/Use the same regime on your neck and hands as you do on your face.

8/ Find a hairstyle that suits you and not what you think at fifty you should be wearing. I wear long hair because I like it and my daughter tells me it suits me.

9/ Be brave and do all those things you never had the time or the confidence to do. I flew on my own to America from the UK to see a friend I hadn’t seen for forty years…it was amazing.


10/ Enjoy life, it’s so short and can be taken away from us at the drop of a hat…love, live ,Laugh and enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment