Published!!

November 9th 2012 a date that will sit with ,me for a very long time. I guess a real milestone in my life.
'Her Passionate Protector' is now available at my publisher Secret Cravings Publishing and also from 13th November 2012 it was available on Amazon UK&US also Barnes&Noble as an eBook and will be available in print February 2013.

Its pretty amazing to think that this time last year I was an un-published author with several rejections under my belt and a confidence level that was almost on the floor. Two things happened that helped me change those circumstances.

1/ I became in contact with a fantastic editor who showed me how to write with a view to a publisher actually looking at my MS rather than just throwing it on the slush pile.
2/ And she took no sh*t of me, i:e she made me work my ass off, making sure I knew when she wasn't happy with my work but also praising me when my work was good or improved and I can't tell you how utterly amazing it was to me that someone would take the time to do this. You know who I'm talking about don't you 'Annie Seaton' the best damn editor around.

It's a crazy occupation to have, there are so many good writers out there that you have to give one hundred and ten percent if you don't you just get squashed in the slush pile. Rejection is the worst feeling ever, not just as a writer but in anything you do we all want to feel like we have hit the nail on the head instead of aiming for a thumb.

One thing I want to say is if you are truly committed and want to have your work published...don't ever give up. Sometimes you will feel totally rejected and feel like just chucking it all in the bin DON'T just hang in there because the more you want it the harder you will work and the more determined you will get. And always have faith in what you do because if you don't then no one else will.

My book can be downloaded at the following links...
Amazon us

http://www.amazon.com/Her-Passionate-Protector-ebook/dp/B00A6D5O84/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1353144541&sr=1-1&keywords=dilys+j+carnie
An innocent woman…a millionaire…two totally different people,

When Lucy meets Alex the owner of a company her cleaning business has just picked up a contract for, her hard won self-preservation and quiet life flies out the window. Smoldering heat burns every time Alex comes near her. He is confused by this independent, yet vulnerable woman and when her ex-husband returns, determined to hurt her Alex fights for her life and their love.

Two completely different worlds and yet when they collide parks ignite.

 However the future that Alex foresees for them both has a very bumpy ride in store for them. Independent to the core Lucy's inner fight with her past threatens to destroy any chance of a future. An unexpected flight to New York may change their fate forever but will they survive the turbulent road to happiness?





Amazon ukhttp://www.amazon.com/Her-Passionate-Protector-ebook/dp/B00A6D5O84/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1353081346&sr=1-1&keywords=dilys+j+carnie

Nook readers...
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/her-passionate-protector-dilys-j-carnie/1113784207?ean=2940015859072

http://www.bookstrand.com/her-passionate-protector-0

2 comments:

  1. It was an absolute pleasure to be your editor and become your friend, Dilys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie...the pleasure was all mine not only are you an awesome editor but a good friend and I look forward very much to meeting you one day.

    ReplyDelete