Life Is Just Too Damn Short

Tuesday, 18 September 2012
Life Is Just Too Damn Short

I am reminded today how precious life is a friend of my husband's loses her fight with cancer leaving behind a young daughter, a spouse, family, and many friends...How sad for a young girl to grow up without the pleasure of knowing her mother and how precious she was.

We wake up every morning thinking that life is just one long continuation of minutes, days, months, years without even a thought of how precious every one of those seconds is. Routine takes over, and we become so engrossed in becoming super-mums or super-dads that the only thing missing from our wardrobes are our red capes.

I've been there and been the mom who does everything, convinced that everyone needs me, and no one can survive without me but as is said above for that poor mom who lost her young life to a disease that is soul destroying to the ones left behind.life is just too damn short. We are on this planet for such a short time, some longer than others, and in the daily lives of surviving day to day we sometimes forget that it isn't our right to wake up every morning it’s a gift.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Dilys
    Wow what a heart felt blog. So sorry to here about your husbands friends. And your right it just goes to show that life is too short and we should live everyday like its out last! Loving your blog look forward to your next entry
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma!
      Yes My sentiments exactly, who knows what is around the corner.

      Delete
  2. Hi Dilys

    Wow, I agree with Emma, your blog post was heartfelt!!! I actually felt very choked up by the end. I am sincerely sorry to hear about your husband's friend. So sad. I hope there is lots of family and friends around to support them at this difficult time.
    Every day should be lived to the limit. We never know how long we have left. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Samantha! It is a very sad time for her family and my heart goes out to them. We don't always take five and realise how lucky we are, life is so busy. xx

      Delete