Tamara Monteau

Please welcome the lovely Tamara Monteau to my blog. She is celebrating the  release of Midnight Skye, Haven's Realm 6.
Congratulations, Tamara!



Tamara Monteau – Midnight Skye, Haven’s Realm 6
Release date: June 1, 2015

Bio

Tamara Monteau was born and raised in Washington State, graduated from Hudson’s Bay High School in 1978, and joined the Air Force the following year, where she met her husband Mike. After traveling parts of Europe and an extended stay in Louisiana, they settled in Middle Georgia where Mike retired from the Air Force in 2004 and now works as a machinist. They have four children and one grandchild, and hope one day to retire to a small, woodland community where it is still possible to see the stars at night.

Tamara has always been a dreamer, her head more often in the clouds than in reality. She discovered early in life the pleasures to be found between the covers of a well-written book, began exploring her writing talents in 1992, and registered her first completed novel in 2003. Although a devoted Christian, she has always had a fascination for the macabre in general, and the vampire mystique in particular, and tries to reflect her values in her writings whenever possible.

Where to find Tamara:







Tagline:
Skye Renault is in love with two vampires. One man wants to possess her, the other’s love will set her free.

Blurb:
Since age thirteen, Summer Skye Renault has written about her nightmares—stories of two vampire cousins who hold habitual romantic rivalries. Six years later, with her sixth novel nearing release, the dreams stop. She returns to D’Arc Estate, where they began, seeking answers. There she learns that her nightmares were real, and becomes the unwitting subject of the next story.

When Christian learns of Lucien’s disappearance, he travels to his cousin’s home in Tennessee to investigate, but the presence of an intriguing young mortal complicates his plans. Before he can convince her to leave with him, he becomes gravely injured by vicious Adept magick, leaving Summer to battle the treacherous estate alone.

Finding Lucien and freeing him from a century-long confinement places Summer’s life in danger when an ancient enemy retaliates. Lucien must call on all his intellect and set aside fear if he is to save them all and protect the Bargain.

Excerpt:
Skye fished the cell phone from her pocket, noted the caller, and groaned before sitting at the dining table and setting down her coffee cup. She and her mother usually chatted once a day—in the evening to recap the day’s events and progress. Mom knew better than to call during daylight hours when she was most prone to be deep within her muse. There could only be one reason she was calling at ten in the morning. She cleared her throat to relieve the sudden thickness and thumbed the accept button. “Morning, Mom.”
“What’s this I hear about you going to Tennessee?” Her mother’s voice held the level of fear and outrage Skye expected to hear.
Suppressing a sigh, she answered, “You saw the interview. I was going to call…”
“Please tell me you’re not planning what I think you’re planning.”
“I need to get away, Mom,” she explained as calmly as she could. “I liked Tennessee. I miss the mountains.”
“You’re going back there, aren’t you?” Dread resonated in her mother’s thick question.
She sipped her coffee, easing the sudden dryness in her mouth, and released the sigh. “The dreams have stopped.”
“Good.” The silent interval that followed was deafening. “D’Arc Estate is dangerous, Summer. You were almost killed there.”
Skye winced. Only Mom called her by her given name—one she considered a little too old-fashioned, too 1960’s flower child. Her middle name always seemed much cooler. “I have to go back. I need to understand why I feel so connected to the estate.”
“I’ve researched that house,” she argued tightly. “People have been disappearing in that house. God knows what happened to them. It’s haunted, or possessed, or something, I’m sure of it.”
“Mom, for crying out loud, calm down. It’s just a house.”
“A house that’s brought you nothing but nightmares since you were eight years old,” she reminded her. “I’d think, after all you’ve been through, you’d be glad the dreams are gone.”
“Those dreams won me the biggest literary contract in history,” Skye countered impatiently.
“Can’t you find some other way to continue this vampire obsession of yours?”
That’s exactly what it was—an obsession, one she wished she understood. “I write what I see,” she responded, injecting patience she didn’t feel. “I don’t know where to take my stories without the dreams. I know they’re rough on me sometimes,” she admitted with another sigh. “I can’t help it, Mom. They’re calling me.”
Another long pause. “The vampires are calling to you, aren’t they, Summer?”
Her mother had never come so close to accusing her dream lovers of being real, though at times she’d argued the possibility, apparently afraid for her daughter’s sanity. She swallowed another lump and renewed her attempt at patience. “We’ve been over this at least a hundred times. I don’t believe vampires are real. In spite of the intensity of my nightmares, I haven’t slipped far enough off my cracker I’ll even entertain the possibility of their existence. D’Arc Estate is a mystery. You know I can’t resist a good mystery. And I do feel…drawn, but I promise you I don’t expect to find vampires hiding in residence.”
Her imagined friends couldn’t be real. Some outside influence inspired a change in the original visions. Skye refused to believe otherwise. All she really wanted was the answer to the one question she’d asked herself from the start. Why? “I checked with the estate conservator,” she continued, “and found out it’s still available. I’m…going to try for it.”
Skye braced herself for her mother’s reaction. She wasn’t disappointed. “You mean you intend to stay there? For God’s sake, Summer—”
“Mom, please. I know what I’m doing.”
“You have no idea!” She sounded near tears. “D’Arc Estate wants you. Don’t you understand? It wants you dead!
“I’ll be careful, I promise. I’ll leave the first time things get out of hand. The dreams came from there. I’m hoping the house inspires their return, that’s all.” The doorbell rang. “Mom, I gotta go. The movers are here.”

Buy links:
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Midnight-Skye-Havens-Realm-Book-ebook/dp/B00Y43BKV2/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1432384329&sr=1-1&keywords=tamara+monteau
All Romance e-Books: https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-midnightskye-1813938-149.html
Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/midnight-skye-tamara-monteau/1121986711?ean=2940151563239
Bookstrand: http://www.bookstrand.com/midnight-skye
Secret Cravings Publishing: http://store.secretcravingspublishing.com/index.php?main_page=book_info&cPath=4&products_id=1083




7 comments:

  1. Thank you, Dilys! I'm excited to be here today to announce the launch of my latest Haven's Realm book! Today I'll award one lucky commenter a free e-book in their choice of formats and answer questions. Please help me spread the word - this is the best Haven's Realm to date!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure to have you here today, Tamara

      Delete
    2. Congratulations, Dilys! You win the drawing! Thank you for hosting me on my release day!

      Delete
  2. This downloaded to my Kindle early this morning. Can't wait to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let me know what you think!

      Delete
  3. Sounds very interesting. Looking forward to reading it. Super cover too! Best of luck with it, Tamara.

    ReplyDelete